I've been thinking that I'd like to do some in-depth discussions of many of their games, but this lead to two problems:
- I've only extensively played about 12 of Data East's 20 NES games.
- and, my chronic laziness.
So I figured I'd combat these two weaknesses with several of of my strengths:
- Whipping up ridiculous article titles,
- another of my great tags (and a local tag, this time!)
- ...and making a thin gruel of content by splitting it into several parts!
Put all those together and we've got, well, I'll pad my word count by repeating this thing's title again: The New Haiku Review of 60% of Data East's NES Catalog: part 1 of 3!
some reason added verisimilitude, I'm going to order the games in chronological order of their NES release (or at least, as ordered by year). Let's BEGIN!
Karate, white versus red!
(Hit boxes: random?)
Chef Peter Pepper
Stacks burger parts with his feet.
Uh, health inspector?
Kid Niki: Radical Ninja
Niki will help you!
Pinwheel sword batters ninjas
wearing Shy Guy masks.
Separated at birth?
Rescue your aircraft
while BREAKing a thousand jeeps?
Your budget is THRU!
Ok, this is going swimmingly!
— carlmarksguy, 2016-02-22